Monday, October 19, 2009

Making the turn....

Making the turn.
Generally means you are through 9 holes and making the turn at the clubhouse. This provides you with an excellent opportunity to grab some refreshment before heading to the 10th Tee.


Well 9 holes down...
perfect day...
great weather...
and even par.

Now it is time for REFRESHMENTS!!! (My favorite...if it has sugar, I'm there)

We will stop and get something to drink, maybe a candy bar or energy bar for a burst of energy and then on to #10.
The turn is a great time to take a pause and mentally take a rest, compose yourself and get back your focus for the rest of the course.

There are refreshments on the course as well. There are food carts that carry everything on them from drinks to candy or chips...some even have sandwiches.
Those carts are for us high metabolism people who seem to have a hollow leg and need constant nourishment (or just like to eat all the time).
Be careful though...Sometimes we can eat too much or even the wrong thing and it might turn that "pick me up" to a "weigh me down" and have an upsetting effect (not that i have ever experienced that). So don't overdo it.

In life I think that God will send those refreshment carts along. It can come in the form of people or situations.
God sends people in our paths with His truth and love.
They have God's truth in them and they speak it and share it, but sometimes we're too busy to take the time for the refreshment.

There are also clubhouses at the turn as well. Not really clubhouses (although it might be questionable for some) but more appropriately, churches. They are those places at the turn. Right before Monday and right after Saturday.
A place for refreshment.
A place to refocus.
A place to belong.

Make sure you have that in your life.
Make sure you are getting that refreshment or nourishment on a regular basis.

Find a place that feeds you and loves you out on the course (community) and in the clubhouse because we all need that to continue to "play at our best".

Take the full effect of His refreshment, you can't overdo this one.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Matthew 11:29-30 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Be refreshment to those around you as well.

John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.


Well that was great...

Now on to #10, Par 4, 388 yards...

No comments: